Any one use the LUMIX DMC-FZ72

mikew_RIP

As the title,ime looking into bridge cameras,i have the D7100 and Tamron 150-600 and the V2,the thing is both these leave a gap really in the way i want to go out equipped sometimes.I dont want or cant manage the DSLR and two or three lenses which would cover all eventuality's,the V2 falls short in reach,even buying the 70-300cx would leave it short @ a 810mm equivalent.
I am researching the Nikon P900 but the FZ72 does look to give cracking results although with a shorter zoom range,so any thoughts or suggestions on any thing else i should consider,the P900 is about at the top end of what i want to spend @ £500.

Thanks
Mike

mikew_RIP

This one of the reasons I got the J1, mainly to take to work, I can put it in my pocket, so always have a camera with me.

I've noticed that the P900 is £499, so just under what you want to spend.

How about a Canon PowerShot SX50, with a 50x zoom
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Review | PhotographyBLOG

Or a Fujifilm FinePix HS50EXR

Fujifilm FinePix HS50EXR Review | PhotographyBLOG

Thanks,spending that amount on the Canon apart from getting castrated on this site :D makes me feel i would rather spend it on the Nikon,the fuji i would have no problem with as i use my wifes HS30EXR but the zoom range is a bit short on that.

TedG954

I have a Lumix LX7. It's not what you're looking for, but as a brand, my Lumix camera takes very excellent photos. I keep it in my glove box 24/7 for that "just in case" moment a UFO lands in front of me. Or Bigfoot. Or a Yehti. Or a Cleveland championship. You know. The elusive stuff.

It is a Leica in work clothes. The Leica lenses are very good.