D3300 + 35mm F1.8 G

vikash23

Just bought my 35mm f1.8g lens and it's really awesome.

Here are some pics that I took recently.

Pros : Awesome bokeh

Cons : During auto focus I hate the noise
focusing is not so good. Or i dont know if I need to learn well about focusing. But I haven't find any focusing issues with my 18-55mm which came with my lens.
DSC_2193.jpgDSC_2194.jpgDSC_2200.jpgDSC_2204.jpgDSC_2206.jpgDSC_2211.jpg

highlife

I returned 2 of the kit 18-55mm when I got my 3100 a couple years ago. Maybe something with Nikon's design. Try exchanging it, my 35mm 1.8 is quiet

nzswift

You shot wide open (f1.8) on all those shots which is why the flower photo is not that sharp. Try shooting it stopped down some...

aroy

There should be no noise while focusing the 35mm. As others have said it is whisper quiet. Get it checked and if the noise persists exchange it for another piece.

Regrading sharpness - remember that the DOF at F/1.8 is quite shallow. Any movement between the time of focus and taking the shot will shift the focus, especially at short lens to object distance. Now a days I notice that with AFC instead of AFS the shots are a tad sharper as the camera keeps focus tracking till the end.

If you are shooting high contrast objects like flowers at short distance, it is better to use "Spot" metering rather than "Matrix" metering, and then correct the ambient exposure in post. You have to shoot RAW for that.

Last edited: