What can happen when replacing a sky.

Blacktop

I have done it a few times. I try to stay true to the image as possible, but sometimes one just can't help it. Shooting BIF (especially from underneath the bird} to get the proper bird exposure the sky will be blown. A good looking flying Osprey does not bode well on a white background.

Well, yesterday I got lazy. Instead of going out and shooting a replacement sky for my Osprey, I just grabbed a stock image off the web.
Let's see if anyone can tell what is out of the ordinary on this shot. A little hint. It has nothing to do with the image itself.

BIF-18 (1000x667).jpg

Horoscope Fish

I have done it a few times. I try to stay true to the image as possible, but sometimes one just can't help it. Shooting BIF (especially from underneath the bird} to get the proper bird exposure the sky will be blown. A good looking flying Osprey does not bode well on a white background.

Well, yesterday I got lazy. Instead of going out and shooting a replacement sky for my Osprey, I just grabbed a stock image off the web.
Let's see if anyone can tell what is out of the ordinary on this shot. A little hint. It has nothing to do with the image itself.
You mean other than it looks like you shot it with your Canon 20D?

I mean, really; a 20D? We know you better than that!

ryan20fun

Have you tried using a cooling filter in Photoshop( or equiavalent in your editor ) with a small feather?
Well, Thats assuming that there are clouds or something to make it look like blue sky, I did that once to try it out.

HTH

Blacktop

Have you tried using a cooling filter in Photoshop( or equiavalent in your editor ) with a small feather?
Well, Thats assuming that there are clouds or something to make it look like blue sky, I did that once to try it out.

HTH
Yes, but never with a small feather. I will look into it. I don't need a fake looking dramatic sky, just something that looks natural and doesn't take anything away from the main subject.

ryan20fun

I did it becouse the cloudes where bright white, So it kinda hurt to look at it.
But it created a pritty natural looking sky, But I did not make a big change in the colour otherwise it would look just plain wrong.

Good luck with fixing that sky

I have tried it in the past a couple of times with really bad results. You have convinced me to try it again. I have gotten a little better with the tools to do it with recently.

But really? A canon. I may need to move this thread to the Non Nikon section of the forum and give you a infraction. LOL