What cell phone have you owned?

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I realized I've had a lot of cell phones over the years. I compiled a list...

• Nokia 6160 (circa 1998)
  • Nokia 3320
  • Nokia 3390
  • LG VX-5000
  • LG VX-6000
  • LG Voyager
  • LG Voyager-Titanium
  • Samsung Alias
  • Blackberry Storm
  • Motorola Droid
  • Motorola Droid X (now)

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Quite a lot really as I work for Orange the Mobile Phone company for the last 15years.... :)

You may have some interest in my other site then. There's not a whole lot of activity around Orange as the site is primarily US carriers, but it's worth a look: Cell Phone Forums - A community for cell phone users

Started off with a Bag phone for you old enough to remember them and presently carry a Iphone and never leave home without it.

haha, yeah I remember them. Reception was terrible.

LensWork

My first cell phone was a Motorola car phone somewhere around 1987. It cost me $900, installed. I do not remember the brand/model of my first hand-held, somewhere around '89. Since then:

Motorola DPC 500 (the original flip phone)
Mitsubishi 3000 (?) - at the time, the world's smallest & lightest cell phone. I remember paying $720 for it in the early '90's.
Motorola Ultra Tac
Some Nokia
Another Motorola (model unknown). It died due to water damage received while covering Hurricane Charlie in 2004, Since then, only MIL-STD 810F, water resistant Nextel Motorola phones.
Nextel Motorola i305
Nextel Motorola i355
Sprint-Nextel Motorola i1

There were probably others that I have forgotten about in-between my first hand-held and the i305.

Carolina Photo Guy

I have had service with Verizon for the past 10 years. Verizon has been the best of a very bad lot.

In fact, their service has been so crappy that I have decided to say to hell with cell phones.

I am now using Skype for my phone service. So far, everything is working well. I expect it to degrade quite a bit

when Microsoft figures out how to improve it out of existence. :(

PavementPilot

• Motorola Clamshell
  • Motorola Bag phone with permanent install
  • Samsung Digital/Analog
  • Nokia something or other
  • Cant remember
  • Cant remember
  • HTC windows mobile
  • BB Pearl
  • BB Storm
  • BB Bold 9700