Pulled out the '55 Bel Air today....

10 Gauge

First time out of the garage in 2015, have to get it ready for the summer show season... A few things to do; replace cracked drivers side window, inspect drivers side rear leaf spring (it's sagging for some reason), change all of the fluids.

Here's a few pix!

DSC_0250 by Matthew Krei, on Flickr
DSC_0245 by Matthew Krei, on Flickr
DSC_0246 by Matthew Krei, on Flickr
DSC_0247 by Matthew Krei, on Flickr
DSC_0248 by Matthew Krei, on Flickr
DSC_0249 by Matthew Krei, on Flickr
DSC_0257 by Matthew Krei, on Flickr
DSC_0251 by Matthew Krei, on Flickr
DSC_0255 by Matthew Krei, on Flickr
DSC_0254 by Matthew Krei, on Flickr

Its Just Me

It's been a jillion years since I was doing any roddin'! Nice french job on the tag and those look

a lot like 2006 Chevy Silverado door latches. The left rear leaf SHOULD be sagging a little bit

because that seems to be where you put the battery.

Are those 780 double pumpers peeking out from under that crab hat?

That is a damn nice ride Matt!

10 Gauge

It's been a jillion years since I was doing any roddin'! Nice french job on the tag and those look

a lot like 2006 Chevy Silverado door latches. The left rear leaf SHOULD be sagging a little bit

because that seems to be where you put the battery.

Are those 780 double pumpers peeking out from under that crab hat?

That is a damn nice ride Matt!

Thank you sir! The door handles are not Silverado handles, but I can't remember which ones we went with now, it's been quite some time. What I do remember is that it was an absolute mind bending experience getting those handles to work with the factory linkage correctly but we got it sorted out eventually.

Battery was relocated to passenger rear, so not sure why drivers side is sagging. I peeked up underneath and the exhaust is actually rubbing on the leaf now for whatever reason. I need to get it on a lift and do some inspection. We had the leafs resprung like 2 years ago so they SHOULD be ok, but not to say one isn't in need of a new replacement at this point.

Oh and the carbs are dual quad Performer 500's on an Edelbrock C-26 intake manifold. Engine is a medium built 383 stroker.

Last edited: