[UK] D750 + 24-120mm f/4 'kit' under £2k

§am

Title says it all really.

Anyone in the UK looking for this combination can now get their hands on it for £1995.
The next best price for this bundle is £2289, which puts it in at a massive £294 price difference.
Separately this would set you back £2268 (1549 body + 719 lens), which is only a saving of £21 from the latter price above, but still saving £273 compared to the first/lowest price.

I wouldn't have expected this to fall under the £2k mark until at least Q3 of this year, or is this a gentle push from the manufacturers to loosen the purse strings of buyers?

Last edited:

Ad B

Hi,
Not wanting to open the can of worms again and not something i would do,you can see though why people go gray to purchase.

Nikon D750 24-120 VR Kit

And has a 3 year warranty as well. A very good deal.
Okay, 3 years warranty. But where do you need to send it and how long will it be there...??
Here, in the Netherlands, Nikon won't accept gray import cameras to repair.
If you bought your cam in Hong Kong, send it back to Hong Kong :sorrow:

Ad B

mikew_RIP

Hi,

Okay, 3 years warranty. But where do you need to send it and how long will it be there...??
Here, in the Netherlands, Nikon won't accept gray import cameras to repair.
If you bought your cam in Hong Kong, send it back to Hong Kong :sorrow:

Ad B

It will probably be away half the time it would be in the uk with Nikon :D

Lots of reasons to not buy gray but warranty isnt one of them,the camera is sent to your nearest repair center they email a copy of the problem to HDEW and if its a genuine problem they ok the repair.

Ime not pushing for gray sales ime just showing whats out there,with nikon you get a 24 month warranty if it breaks down after 25 months they wouldn't want to know so thats the benefit of a 36 month warranty,its been said before the most important thing is who you buy it from not the color of the purchase,a high percentage of owners who have bought secondhand will have a gray import without knowing it.

§am

I agree, if you're after grey market, than there are plenty of cheaper places to get one (in the UK and abroad). But for bran new non-grey market this is the cheapest yet.

On the topic of grey imports - for thos in the EU, a Nikon camera bought say in Germany will be covered by Nikon UK warranty as it's an EU warranty not a UK one.
A US bought camera will get you no warranty in the UK from Nikon though.

Grey imports in the UK tend to be from the far east and as already mentioned, warranty is provided via the orginal seller usually through some 3rd party, which in a lot of cases will be Nikon approved.

This particular bundle say stateside (and therefore be considered a grey import from Nikon UK), would set me back ~£1800, which is still a good £195 saving.
I think I've said it before, if I need to get warranty work done on that camera then, would it really cost me £195 p&p to send it to Nikon USA? Very likely not, and I could probably get 5+ warranty works done on it before that saving disappeared.

Back to the new price here - I'll be watching with a keen eye over the next few months at this to see whether or not the jump to FF could be justified at a fairly high cost, but then not to look back.
I can see myself outdoing my current D5100 this year (though I would probably keep it as it's still a very capable body), but a D750 would more than likely be a once in a decade purchase :)

mikew_RIP

My V2 was European bought from a uk seller,i registered it with Nikon and got two years warranty plus a letter asking if i wanted to buy a third year.