After the Spring Rains

Bourbon Neat

Have had quite a bit of wet weather recently which has given us our green landscape, finally. Poured rain overnight again. Checking things on the north end this morning and took a few shots.

heet-7152.jpg

heet-7155.jpg

heet-7195.jpg

Went down to where the trout live but did not fish

heet-7187.jpg

heet-9544.jpg

The blue one gets us wherever we need to be

heet-9565.jpg

Across the mucky stuff

heet-9568.jpg

Through the trees

heet-7200.jpg

heet-7202.jpg

Passed the barn

heet-7203.jpg

And headed to town

heet-9571.jpg

Attachments

• heet-7196.jpg
    heet-7196.jpg
    615.8 KB · Views: 118

Bourbon Neat

Thanks, yes that rascal does very well for a 25 year old. Notice the pretty colored winch line. Two winters back I got lost in a snow drift with open space directly ahead and the sides. Yup, ran the wire rope line under the axles and used every extension I had to get out. No way was I snow shoeing 16 miles just to bring someone else out to get stuck. Ruined the wire line so bought 500 feet of the amsteel, built some extension and wrapped the spool. Nylon rocks for such things.
That YJ looks to be set up nicely and in good shape.

Moab Man

Thanks, yes that rascal does very well for a 25 year old. Notice the pretty colored winch line. Two winters back I got lost in a snow drift with open space directly ahead and the sides. Yup, ran the wire rope line under the axles and used every extension I had to get out. No way was I snow shoeing 16 miles just to bring someone else out to get stuck. Ruined the wire line so bought 500 feet of the amsteel, built some extension and wrapped the spool. Nylon rocks for such things.

Very familiar with all of the winches on the market and the various lines. I used to own an off-road publication and we did a never before head-to-head comparison from every winch manufacturer. It was such a big deal that we had the president, vice-president, and head of research from each company on the trail with us so they could personally watch their winch perform or die. Superwinch after that test actually changed their warranty policy to exceed Warns.

The article is old as winches and technology has changed, but here is that original article.

Jeep Articles / General (Winches In Hell) - MoabJeeper Magazine

Here's my Jeep.

166.jpg
Shot by my friend Larry Davis.

Last edited:

Bourbon Neat

That is sweet stuff ya have there, and of course beautiful Utah too. So, after your involvement with the winch battle, what are you using?

That winch on the YJ is a 10 year old Summit Racing winch bought for $300, it is a relabeled T-Max 10,000. Very pleased with it over these years without one failure despite its regular use.