2 HDRs from this weekend

Browncoat

Gonna break the rules here and post two photos. Both of these are 5 shot HDR images, courtesy of Photomatix/Lightroom/Photoshop.

HDR-Tractor.jpg

Found this old tractor by the roadside. There were several other pieces of farm equipment nearby, so I had to shoot down low to hide the hay baler that was just behind this tractor. Using a tripod that's about 2ft off the ground is no fun.

Cedar-Falls.jpg

Cedar Falls. Hocking Hills, OH. This is just one of the cool spots in Hocking Hills. This is in a state park, and open to the public, so it's difficult to get a good angle of these beautiful falls. I would've liked to have shot a wide landscape angle, but there were at least 30 people here. I used 5 shots on this one too w/ a shutter speed of 1/6 and a tripod to capture some motion blur in the water.

fotojack

What were you doing taking pictures this weekend?? Weren't you busy getting married? :)

Gorgeous HDR shots, Anthony. My favourite is the waterfall one.

JoeLewisPhotography

Nce shots. I love the tractor but wich the exhaust pipe wasnt so dark. that is the very first place my eye goes. otherwise, it's great. The waterfall = win. Sure, a wide angle would probably suited this one a bit better, but it looks great like this too! oh and Congrats on getting married!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I just love the waterfall. Just the right amount of HDRing. Nice composition and perfect result.

Joseph Bautsch

Anthony, good HDR shots. A little too much on the strength slider for my taste, but that is a matter of likes and dislikes. The strength setting shows up in the tree and sky line in the first shot. A little wider angle would have been better but under the conditions you had to shoot in you take what you can get. Still a good shot.

Browncoat

Here is a cool landscape shot of the falls in someone's Flickr stream. It's difficult to describe the location of these falls, but it's basically in a large hole in the ground. Because it's also inside a forest state park, sunlight is not plentiful. Throw in the thousands of tourists who visit this site daily, and it's difficult to get a good photo.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Here is a cool landscape shot of the falls in someone's Flickr stream. It's difficult to describe the location of these falls, but it's basically in a large hole in the ground. Because it's also inside a forest state park, sunlight is not plentiful. Throw in the thousands of tourists who visit this site daily, and it's difficult to get a good photo.

This is very personal, but I prefer your shot to that flicker one.