Firmware update

J-see

I read somewhere they did some changes to liveview too and it now should be faster. Whatever that implies.

I'd still appreciated it if they'd tell me what I'm actually installing and what it affects.

ShootRaw

Did you guys install the first update? I was wondering if you did not, do you have to before installing this new one?
Thanks..

TieuNgao

I bet that the new firmware doesn't improve anything except fixing the bugs in the software. Wonder if Nikon is too embarrassed to admit it.
To be fair to the customers Nikon should have described what bugs the update will fix, what improvements it'll make, whether the current update is required for future updates to work, etc...

TieuNgao

If Nikon follow the same logic everyone else uses, the current firmware update should include the previous and the next will include the current.

That's true, J-see. When a piece of software is fixed or improved, the older version can be discarded or archived. However it's not uncommon that the new codes generate new bugs and sometimes they have to go back to the older version, but that's "behind the scene" thing most users are not aware of.

Last edited:

10 Gauge

Thanks for the heads up on the firmware update. I'll check mine when I get home today and see if it needs an update (probably does).

J-see

I did the update (both) but didn't directly notice any difference. I wonder if I should re-check the AF-tuning of all my lenses after the updates.