What are these spots?

cbay

Just noticed these bright white spots when cropping this bird. One on the beak and two around the eye. Checked a couple other images and don't see it, but curious what causes this?

tiff-0549-2.jpg

Bill16

Maybe it they come with the bird? Lol :) If they are not on other photos then they aren't likely hot pixels I don't think. But if they are you can filter them in post if your shooting raw. At least I can using Raw Therapy.

cbay

Maybe it they come with the bird? Lol :) If they are not on other photos then they aren't likely hot pixels I don't think. But if they are you can filter them in post if your shooting raw. At least I can using Raw Therapy.

I hope they did come with the bird. :) But they are really bright when blown up and look like something that may have had to do with the camera like hopefully just dirt particles. The camera is new though and only had two lens changes which led me to want to ask if there was something i'm not aware of.

Bill16

If it were caused by the camera, then I would say they were hot pixels. Bright spots that show up in all your shots usually mean hot pixels I believe. But if your not seeing them in any other shots then I believe it is the bird with very bright highlights.

Moab Man

You need to compare the exact spot on a few photos. It would not be unreasonable for a grain of sand at the right angle to reflect off the beak and cause a blown out spot.