D7200 PS update for NEF (RAW)

Martialdog

Well it looks like you need the PS update to be able to use NEF in PS. Unfortunately for me, this means I now have to pay that annoying monthly CC subscription which I think it just plain wrong. I bought PS fair and square a few years back and the thought of having to move to subscription kinda makes me moan a bit like an old man doesnt it! haha!

Anyway, NEF works fine after the update incase you're wondering. I'm off to scream at some random kids for playing their music too loud ;-)

Woodyg3

Contributor
Yeah, but if you pay the monthly subscription it's a lot cheaper than paying for new versions of PS. Also, you'll be up to date automatically from here on. It could be way worse, you could have paid for Apple Aperture and had them tell you that they just dropped support for the product. That's why I'm an Adobe CC user now, gladly handing over $10 a month. :)

Girevik

Any reason you can't just convert them to DNG and edit the DNG files in PS rather than working with the NEF?

But yeah, I wasn't real happy to learn I had to use the DNG converter to use CS 5.