LiveView connection problem to PC Windows 7

David M Darby

I cannot view a live view on any software on my Windows 7 Pro PC when tethered via usb to the camera. I have tried to do it on Dragonframe as well as on ControlMyNikon v5.2 beta (which is supposed to support the D5500). Photo capture works fine, meaning i can take a picture and the software will capture it and display it properly, but I cannot get a live view of what is being seen through the lense real-time. When I hold down the liveview lever on the camera I see the following message (on the camera), "Cannot start live view at current settings or under current conditions." Does anyone know if this is a problem in the camera or more likely a problem in the software? Better yet, does any one know if LiveView, as I have described, works in any software for the D5500?

BTW, this is my 2nd purchase of the D5500. The first one I got did not record video, so I had to send it back. This fact makes me suspicious of the D5500; it may have been rushed to market. As far as I can tell, though, everything seems to work on this camera, but I'm a DSLR noob. I've checked to see if there are any firmware updates for the d5500, but there are none.