Weather Resistance

Girevik

I know the 7200 is supposed to have a sturdier body than some, but exactly how rain resistant is it? There were a couple of times today I wanted to take it out but was hesitant because of weather. Is that something a need to worry about?

FastGlass

I don't think a few sprinkles will hurt anything. Just remember that rain resistant isn't the same as rain proof. You should always avoid it at all costs but if out and it starts to sprinkle down then finish what your doing and keep dry.

I started off with the D3100 and then on to the D5100. One of the main reasons I moved up to the D7000 and then included the D7100 was the weather resistance. I was always scared to go out with the D3100 or D5100 even if it looked like rain. With the D7?000 I will go out if it looks like rain. I just got back from shooting and it was misting while I was out. Not even enough to get my glasses wet and I did not worry about getting the camera wet. Now if it was raining hard I would stick the camera under my shirt and get out of the rain but would not freak out. Not designed to be in a downpour for extended periods of time but brief periods and then dry it off.

After this post it started raining here very hard and then the beautiful clouds came out and even though it was still a light drizzle I went out and shot. One longer walk to get to where I wanted to be I did carry an umbrella

05-17-2015_0003.jpg
05-17-2015_0023.jpg
05-17-2015_0009.jpg
05-17-2015_0013.jpg

Bill16

I have a D300,D700, and my new D800e,and even after seeing a D800E get about a 16oz cup of water and ice dumped on it in a video and work just fine, I'm still scared to take any of them outside if it even looks like it might rain!lol :)

I started off with the D3100 and then on to the D5100. One of the main reasons I moved up to the D7000 and then included the D7100 was the weather resistance. I was always scared to go out with the D3100 or D5100 even if it looked like rain. With the D7?000 I will go out if it looks like rain. I just got back from shooting and it was misting while I was out. Not even enough to get my glasses wet and I did not worry about getting the camera wet. Now if it was raining hard I would stick the camera under my shirt and get out of the rain but would not freak out. Not designed to be in a downpour for extended periods of time but brief periods and then dry it off.

I don't take them out in anything other than a sprinkle. First off I don't like to get rained on myself. But before moving up to the 7000 series cameras it scared me to think it might get wet. Now I fell pretty confidant that a quick rain won't hurt it if I get out of it as fast as I can and take reasonable precautions to keep most of the rain off of it and dry it off ASAP.