EXIF data from 1977

480sparky

Yes..... EXIF data..........From images taken in 1977!

Here's a history lesson for you young-uns'. Back when we were your age, cameras didn't record things like shutter speed, aperture, lens used, etc. We actually had to carry a notepad and pencil and *gasp!* write that stuff down!

A couple days ago, I came across some of my old notebooks I carried way back then. Yes, I still have them, although the information has been transferred to the slide frame (I shot mostly Kodachrome 25). But I just can't bring myself to toss these out, even though there's really nothing on them that is truly irreplaceable.

EXIF%20circa%201977%2002.jpg

EXIF%20circa%201977%2001.jpg

And a screenshot of the above images of the digitized files that are now on my hard drive:

EXIF%20circa%201977%2003.jpg

Blacktop

Yes..... EXIF data..........From images taken in 1977!

Here's a history lesson for you young-uns'. Back when we were your age, cameras didn't record things like shutter speed, aperture, lens used, etc. We actually had to carry a notepad and pencil and *gasp!* write that stuff down!

A couple days ago, I came across some of my old notebooks I carried way back then. Yes, I still have them, although the information has been transferred to the slide frame (I shot mostly Kodachrome 25). But I just can't bring myself to toss these out, even though there's really nothing on them that is truly irreplaceable.

EXIF%20circa%201977%2002.jpg

EXIF%20circa%201977%2001.jpg

And a screenshot of the above images of the digitized files that are now on my hard drive:

EXIF%20circa%201977%2003.jpg

I also had a notebook like that in the 70's. It had girls phone numbers in them.

MartinCornwall

A good keepsake. My Dad has been scanning in his slides over the winter and he brought down the digital copies when he came down in Easter. Here's some of his Exif data from 1978.

100 (Large).JPG

skater

I recently shot off 5 rolls of film, and was taking notes (shutter speed and f-stop), too. But I was using my iPhone to write the notes. :) I never did it when I used film before, which was probably a mistake.

By the 5th roll, though, I was ready to go back to digital. The whole thing was an experiment to try a roll of BW film, just because I had never done it before. That was the third roll. The other four were Fuji 400 color, and I finished them off just so I wouldn't have them laying around the house.

I just got an email that the developer has received my film, so hopefully I'll have some results to look at soon!

480sparky

5 shots over the course of 3 days!

That was a curse in my younger days. Dad had a strict regime for travel. Every mile, every pit stop, every destination was meticulously and carefully planned, plotted and calculated. There was no room for errors nor any expectation of delays. If he said, "We'll be there at 4:00" and we arrived at 4:02, something was amiss.

It drove me bonkers. I thoroughly enjoyed the traveling, but absolutely abhorred trying to find the time to get out a camera and click a shutter a few times. It was a rare opportunity to be afforded such a luxury as 'just going out to shoot something'.

700 or 800 miles a day was typical for our travels in those days. So when I travel myself today, I'm really pushing myself to make 250 miles by sundown. If I see something interesting, goddamit: I pull over and take my time.