D3100 replacement camera strap

kitch217

Hi, I have recently purchased a D3100 and I am looking for a more comfortable strap. I had a D40 before but ended up selling it as I found it hurt my neck and shoulders when out for a long time.

I sold the D40 and purchase a Panasonic FZ38 which while a great camera I knew I had made a mistake as soon as I started using it. Once you have used a SLR it is very hard to go back.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

fotojack

I have the Black Rapid RS-5 strap. This thing is awesome.and my camera weighs in the neighbourhood of 2 pounds with the grip and batteries. Don't even feel it with this strap. It even has a zippered pocket in the padded section that holds some extra memory cards. I highly recommend it.

bluenoser

Banned
Would you consider a hand-strap? I have a D7000 and a D40 and use a hand-strap with each of them - they're very comfortable, convenient and much nicer than wrestling with a neck strap. Mind you it took me about 2yrs to decide I hated neck straps and go the hand strap route :)

markD90

i have got a D90 with a 80-200 2.8 which is heavy and the neck strap with the D90 used to hurt............then i bought the Camlink Air-cell strap!! it was 25 quid and has quick releases so you can take it off easily! and its Fantastic and the quick releases dont let go which i was worried about when i bought it!!

Highly reccomended!!!

kitch217

Just to let you know, I purchased a Tamrac Neoprene Shock Absorber, N-5055. Thanks for help/advice, unfortuntely the choice in the camera shops near me was very low, but this looks like it will do the job.

Thanks

Martin

Last edited: