Howdy from Texas :)

LSPhotography

Newbie, here.
I've been taking pictures and posting for fun for a few years now.
I now have a CoolPix L120 which I love, but need to learn a few things about it, I can tell.

For instance: I have been asked to do a wedding and family pics - the latter next week - and, I have NO idea what to put the settings on.
Since it's just been a hobby (for MY pleasure), it's been 'trial and error'. NOT that I don't get angry at the "errors"! LOL

All I've photographed, so far, are community, church events, car shows, 1/8 mile races, and my favorite -- country scenery, landscape, and unusual architecture.

I love photoshop - creativity, but am pretty sure family pics and weddings need to be left "as is" and THAT is what I need to work on: QUALITY photos that are impressive on their own.

I've turned down weddings because that's too much pressure. However, I figured I need to go somewhere (here) that I can pick others' brains and get advice from the EXPERIENCED :)

Personally - I'm a 24 year Texas Peace Officer (narcotics to patrol to chief), now I reserve due to health issues.

Married to a sergeant and we have an adult daughter and teen daughter. Who are ALL INCREDIBLE, btw ;)

Thank you and I hope to learn as much as I can. I'd offer the same, but I'm WAY too new and don't have much to offer.

RocketCowboy

Howdy from just down the road a bit in Dallas, and welcome to Nikonites!

I don't know too much about the CoolPix cameras, but happy to help out any way possible. I'm sure you'll see the same willingness from the rest of the group here.

Bill16

Welcome to the nikonites family! I've never used a cool pix camera either and I don't know what control it allows you in the settings. A DSLR from what I understand has more control over the whole process than the cool pix cameras. But someone here is bound to know much more than I do on the Nikon's like yours! :)