Sea...

live4u

Went to Santa cruz in the evening for sunset. Great place to capture nice photos. Got these two.. Is there something missing? What could have been done better? Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

Attachments

• _JBB4931.jpg
    _JBB4931.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 79
  • _JBB4938.jpg
    _JBB4938.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 85

paul04

I do like the 1st picture, spot on.

Maybe the second picture without the rock, but that's just my opinion.

Both very good shots.

Bill16

I think the second shot would look better if you could recover some the shadows on the rock so you could see detail! :)

live4u

Thanks fellas. for second, I did some dodging. morethan that, its showing up. First one I like it for unknown reason.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Were these shot as jpegs or RAW? If RAW and if you have Bridge or LR, you could use the brush to paint over the rock and recover some of its details instead of dodging.

First one is nice! :) For the second, I would have preferred seeing the rock/sun moved slightly to the left. The sun is a little too far off from the Rule of 3rd's to make the composition IMHO. And would have liked seeing the deeper saturated color of the sky like you have in the first one. Again, a brush in Bridge or LR brushed over the sky would allow you to enhance its saturation.

Nice overall. :D

live4u

They are RAW. I use LR. I did dodge using paint brush. Anything more, it is looking very artificial. Is there something else that you are suggesting? I would love to hear that.

I was trying to figure out the technique to have smaller aperture to get that milky waves while sun was setting and there was not much drama in the sky. I did bump up the overall saturation by 15 points.