Hello from South Africa

ryan20fun

Hello everyone :D

Been a bit of a lurker for some time, Thought I would join today.
Main reason for joining is that I am looking at the Tamron 150-600mm lense and being a member would allow me to more easily keep track of the AF issue members have emntioned and any possible solution(s) to them.

-Ryan.

mikew_RIP

Welcome to the forum,ive been the loudest complainer :D and you can believe one thing if the lens wasn't so good it would have been returned to the shop long ago.

ryan20fun

Thanks.

So the lens is really good except for the AF issue, Correct?
I've tried searching but have been unable to find out how you update lens firmware, Would I need to send the lens to the retailer for firmware updates?

-Ryan.

mikew_RIP

Thanks.

So the lens is really good except for the AF issue, Correct?
I've tried searching but have been unable to find out how you update lens firmware, Would I need to send the lens to the retailer for firmware updates?

-Ryan.

Its looking like Firmware isnt the problem,i still dont know what is but i have just got it back from tamron and they replaced the motor assembly,its early days yet but nearly 500 shots and no sign of a freeze,i probaly have it more than most as ime retired and can do 1,000 shots a week no problem.

ryan20fun

Its looking like Firmware isnt the problem,i still dont know what is but i have just got it back from tamron and they replaced the motor assembly,its early days yet but nearly 500 shots and no sign of a freeze,i probaly have it more than most as ime retired and can do 1,000 shots a week no problem.
Ok, Thanks.
Good luck with the lens :)

Woodyg3

Contributor
Welcome! I've had very minimal problems with the Tamron 150-600. Poor Mike has had fits, but I think that he has been very, very unlucky. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the lens.

ryan20fun

The Tamzooka (That's what everyone is calling it right?) is what I am working towards getting now, The endorsments just make it even better!
Probably because of how many photos he shoots per week, A lot more then I average.