Kenai Fjord Glacier Alaska, Panorama

Joseph Bautsch

This is 15 shots merged into 5 HDR photos and then stitched into a panorama. This is the Kenai Fjord Glacier located on the coast of the Kenai Peninsular, Alaska. Taken off the back of a moving 125 ft. twin hull catamaran. This is a hugh file. I had to cut the pixel numbers in half and even then the site had to resize again to get it to upload. The photo here is darker than the one I started out with. I'll try adjusting the brightness and repost. All 15 shots are hand held. (I've never figure out how to use a tripod on a moving boat.)

kenai_glacier_3.jpg

EXIF: D90, 18-105mm Nikkor,Focal Length 32mm, f/22, ISO 400, Shutter Speed 1/320, White Balance Cloudy, Aperture Priority, Adobe RGB, ArcSoft PanoMaker3, Photomatix HDR, Aperture Post processing.

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
That is a lot of a picture Joseph. A lot of work but worth it in my view. This will make a very nice large print.

Rick M

(I've never figure out how to use a tripod on a moving boat.)

It's real easy, just adjust the legs as the boat moves up/down and side to side.

Joseph Bautsch

Marcel, I think it will make a really good large print out as well, about 8"X40", matted and in a large frame. Cnyram, good idea, I'll try it next time. Speaking of using a tripod on a boat. On this same trip one guy in the tour group got on board with an 600mm telephoto lens mounted on a tripod. It was hugh and took up a whole seat by itself. But I suppose he had a good excuse, he was a Cannon user.

ohkphoto

Snow White
This is a spectacular panorama, Joseph, and I'm not that crazy about panos. But this one is definitely exceptional. You did a fantastic job!