Returning a Camera or a Lense

rpoint16

I've been reading in different forums trying to research different equipment. I have noticed a few times people may try several lenses or even multiple cameras over a short period of time to purchase, then not be happy & return them. Some websites often encourage you to test a lense for a couple of weeks before deciding. I know for example B&H & Crutchfield have generous return policy's.

I guess my question is at what point will a company push back on this? Or as a consumer, how liberal should you use this option?

I remember a couple of times the sales people would state "If you don't like it, just return it."

Just curious...

480sparky

If a retailer offers a liberal return policy, then they 1. should honor it and 2. have the business acumen to build the cost of it into their pricing.

What you may not overhear, and probably because it's in the fine print on the back of the receipt, is the details of such a return policy. Most likely, something along the lines of so many days, must be in a certain condition, and maybe even a slightly reduced return price.

skater

I wouldn't abuse it - that is, use it as a free rental service - but at the same time, you're putting out a bunch of money, so if you legitimately intended to keep it but it just didn't meet your needs the way you expected, then they should honor that policy.

Daz

I agree, it should only be used for genuine mistakes in purchase, finding out which lenses you like, well thats simple use a site like borrowlenses.com