Just walking by

goz63

Went to Mackinaw Island in MI this weekend to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary. Took a couple hundred pictures. Towards the end we were walking by these flowers on the side of an alley and under the street light it looked interesting. I shot this at ISO 200, 40mm, f5.6 at 20 secs on a tripod. Kind of has an HDR appearance to it.
street light flowers.jpg

KWJams

Nice shot.
Looking at it my eyes roam from the flowers to the black background and then are drawn to the ferns and get stuck there looking for something that isn't there.
If it was me, I would crop out some of the ferns and leave just enough to act as a border.

Rick M

I agree with Ken, I would crop some off the ferns and a little off the bottom. The dark background really makes the flowers stand out, I would bring them in a bit more, nice shot

goz63

I like the crop. Thanks for trying that. The funny thing was this was just a happen stance photo. I would love to say I had set the whole thing up but we were walking and as I walked under the street light I wondered what a long exposure would look like. I like the way you adjusted it.