Hello from Alliance Fort Worth

UNTMatt

Hi,

Just getting back into photography. Started with my fathers 35mm in the early 80's, then got my own for Christmas in 1984. A brand new Minolta X570 which I still own. Loved that camera and will probably never get rid of it (probably should start using it again).

Somewhere around 2003ish, I picked up a Canon point and shoot (forget the model) and a Nikon Coolpix 5700. Neither were wise choices. The Canon died one month after warranty ran out. I never was a really big fan of Canon when I was shooting film in the 80's and that sealed the deal that I'd never purchase another Canon camera again.

The 5700 lasted a few short years until the sensor died (known issue with that model and, apparently part of a recall I didn't know about). It did take some really nice portraits, though.

Now, I've jumped back in (with my wife's blessing) with a Nikon D7100 purchased at Costco. I've picked up a couple of clear B+W filters for the lenses and a B+W polarizing filter for the larger lens with a step down ring for the other. I've also purchased a wired cable release, the wireless IR remote, a SanDisk 64GB Pro sdxc card, and a Lowepro Flipside 300 backpack. I had a Slik tripod given to me a couple of years ago by a friend that never used it that will be put to use. I've just replaced the strap with a BlackRapid Sport right hand model as well.

That's it for now. Need a SB-910 soon but our 10 year anniversary is coming up soon so it's going to have to wait!

RocketCowboy

We're getting the band back together! :)

Great seeing you here Matt! Been awhile since we were in the motorcycle forums, and longer since we worked together, but looking forward to seeing some of your images here and how this new direction unfolds. We are building up a pretty good DFW contingent here...may have to start our own group soon for some local events. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-Man

Welcome, Matt! I lived in McKinney for 10 years, but moved down to Brenham 4 years ago due to job change. When I was up there, I would go to the air shows at Alliance airport (and frequented the nearby Cabelas).