Prototype - Macro Difuser

Ironwood

Looks good Scott. I like your way of mounting to the lens. Mine just has a hole that is a tight friction fit over the end of the lens.

Ironwood

Yeah this way it will mount to any lens so long as you have the correct adaptor.

I think yours would be easier to rotate the diffuser if you need to change the focus of the lens. Mine is a fairly tight fit, if I focus further out to fit in a bigger insect for example, I have to wrangle with the diffuser to get it upright again.

Scott Murray

I think yours would be easier to rotate the diffuser if you need to change the focus of the lens. Mine is a fairly tight fit, if I focus further out to fit in a bigger insect for example, I have to wrangle with the diffuser to get it upright again.
Yes it rotates easily, also the Raynox DCR-250 still fits on the end of the diffuser ;)

Krs_2007

Really curious of the parts and how you put it together. Dont follow you when you say it fits on the filter ring. The first shot has a shadow photobombing it. I have been saving some foam to do this, just haven't gotten around to it.