vertical line in some pics?

Ta2Dave

im stummped...its only in a few pics. 18-55 lens. what are yalls thoughts?

010.jpg001.jpg012.jpg006.jpg

J-see

The nef files in capture have it. But it's just the ones pointed up at the sky as far as I can tell

Can you upload a NEF somewhere so we can load it and have a look? There could be many reasons for it from too low quality settings to color space issues.

It's hard to say exactly what from looking at the JPEG.

Ta2Dave

Right. I gotta charge up the laptop for a bit first. Just as long as it's a setting issue and not something inside the camera causing it.

Horoscope Fish

Images do suffer fairly strong JPG compression (artifacts around edges), but I cannot detect any vertical lines?
They were difficult for me too see at first as well... It looks like posterization "bands" to me, not so much a crisp line.

I see it most clearly in shot 2 in the lightest part of the blue sky, just above the house.

Last edited:

WayneF

Yeah, I see some slight horizontal banding, blocks same size as the JPG artifacts on edges (looking at 200% or 300% actual size). More the longer you look, but darned if I see anything vertical.

Last edited:

Ta2Dave

Scott i see the same in a couple of yer fishin pole pics. What causes this and how is it avoided?

killer frogs and bees man!

Last edited: