Elements 11 disappointment

mikew_RIP

Or thats the way it looks,i have been waiting for a raw plug in for the D7200 to play with some raw files i downloaded,looking on line today i find it will not support the D750 raw files as they need camera raw 8.7 and the most elements 11 will take is camera raw 8,if this is the case with the D750 i can only see it being the same with the D7200 when a camera raw becomes available.
Have downloaded a DNG converter so can play away,but was hoping Elements 11 would get updated FOC,unless i have misunderstood it all.

Horoscope Fish

Or thats the way it looks,i have been waiting for a raw plug in for the D7200 to play with some raw files i downloaded,looking on line today i find it will not support the D750 raw files as they need camera raw 8.7 and the most elements 11 will take is camera raw 8,if this is the case with the D750 i can only see it being the same with the D7200 when a camera raw becomes available.
Have downloaded a DNG converter so can play away,but was hoping Elements 11 would get updated FOC,unless i have misunderstood it all.
You can donwload ACR v8.2 directly from Adobe by going here: Camera RAW 8.2. You'll need to extract that .zip file and replace the existing folder on your hard drive with the extracted one. Instructions for doing that can be found HERE.

mikew_RIP

You can donwload ACR v8.2 directly from Adobe by going here: Camera RAW 8.2. You'll need to extract that .zip file and replace the existing folder on your hard drive with the extracted one. Instructions for doing that can be found HERE.

Thanks,will that make elements work in the same way as it does for the D7100,ie at the moment i download from the camera via view nx then any i want to edit i just right click in nx and choose open with elements.

Horoscope Fish

Thanks,will that make elements work in the same way as it does for the D7100,ie at the moment i download from the camera via view nx then any i want to edit i just right click in nx and choose open with elements.
It should... All you'll be doing is updating Camera RAW from whatever version you have installed now, to version 8.2 which has the RAW support you need.

BackdoorArts

Given that Elements 13 is the current release this is not surprising. ACR doesn't help because Elements uses a stripped down version of this.

The DNG Converter is your only real option. As I mention in the Adobe piss and moan thread, use it as your Import tool using your card (NEF) as your source location and your hard drive (DNG) as your target. Once that's done, open or import them into your Elements Organizer as normal. Extra step, but saves you $$ on an upgrade.