D7200 or

bikeit

Just sold my Nikon D5300 and im looking for a new toy, was going to buy the D7100 but im also now considering the D7200, so in a nutshell is the biggest difference between the two the fact that the D7200 has WI FI built in?

bikeit

Had a look on the Nikon site and watched a few vids on Youtube but for the extra money i cannot see the point in getting the D7200, if i really want to go for wireless i can buy a wireless adaptor for £35.

Woodyg3

Contributor
D7200 has bigger buffer, better low light focusing, a little less noise at high ISO, and a little better dynamic range. The D7100 is $200 lees, or $500 less if you grab a refurb. They are both great cameras.

Over and out. ;)

Girevik

D7200 has bigger buffer, better low light focusing, a little less noise at high ISO, and a little better dynamic range. The D7100 is $200 lees, or $500 less if you grab a refurb. They are both great cameras.

Over and out. ;)

Plus doesn't the 7200 focus a bit faster in general, or is that the low light focusing I'm thinking of?

I had the same internal debate and decided the 7200 was worth the extra money.

carguy

If I were and upgrading and buying new, I'd opt for the D7200. If Low light is a concern, the D7200 looks like the way to go.

Now the $700 D7100 Nikon refurb is tough to pass up. Comes down to your personal needs AND pocketbook :)

Blacktop

Unless you're specifically looking to upgrade to a DX camera, I might be also looking at a D-610. Refurbs from Adorama and B&H are going for the price of a new d7200.

That is of course if you have FX glass already. If not, than I would go for the d7200 myself.

Pretzel

Being a D7100 owner, there's nothing driving me to rush out and upgrade, but if I were without a camera and looking at both, the D7200 would win unless the difference in price were an issue.

Both are great and highly capable bodies, and you certainly wouldn't be disappointed with the D7100... but if you've got the funds, the D7200 does edge out the D7100 in a few areas. The better buffer, focusing IQ and low light performance are nice.

cbay

The more reading i do about the D7100 and 7200 the more i think the improvements i'll see over my D7000 will be pretty small for the shooting i have been doing. If i shot birds in flight maybe it would be more important. Maybe the cropping would surprise me but i haven't seen a comparison to really judge. I still want one, but am cooling off a little now.

Nero

Biggest differences between the two is that the D7200 has built-in Wifi and NFC, better IQ with the new processor and sensor, much higher ISO range, better low-light capabilities, much better AF and much better buffer size.

SkvLTD

Or a used 600 with a free trip to Nikon repair center for shutter prophylactic. Getting fresh shutter FF sub-$1000 is an amazing treat of today.