Lightroom CC 2015 Exif data not showing correctly

Blacktop

Is anyone else seeing a glitch in LRCC not showing camera and shutter speed info in the Exif when uploaded to this site?
It shows everything normal when uploading to Flickr.

SteveH

Mine are showing ok in my "Every-so-often" thread, but I imported them in LR 5.7, processed in 5.7, then upgraded and exported from CC.

Blacktop

Mine are all showing fine (though there are only a couple). Are you sure you're posting images <1000px on the long side?

Yes, exporting from LR and posting here the same as ever...

testing..testing..

_DSC4679-Edit-2.jpg

Fred Kingston

They're all driving on the wrong side of the road!:D
Seriously though, is LR6 really worth the upgrade? keep pressing 'remind me later'

If you're using stand-alone LR, the answer is probably, "No"...

If you're using the CC Photog. version, then the answer is probably, "Why not?"

This NOT a new version... LR is still the same LR as the 5.6,7 version... all 6 did was add a few features... If you were using the CC version on a fully loaded(gobs of RAM and disk space) 64bit system already... you won't see any difference...

If you want the new features (merging HDR and Pano files, brush, and gradient adjusters) then the upgrade is good...

If all you wanna do is biotch because something changed...then you should probably sit in the corner and suck your thumb... :p

BackdoorArts

This NOT a new version... LR is still the same LR as the 5.6,7 version... all 6 did was add a few features... If you were using the CC version on a fully loaded(gobs of RAM and disk space) 64bit system already... you won't see any difference...

If you want the new features (merging HDR and Pano files, brush, and gradient adjusters) then the upgrade is good...

If all you wanna do is biotch because something changed...then you should probably sit in the corner and suck your thumb... :p

I strongly disagree. LR 6 is a complete rewrite. Yes, the look and functionality are largely unchanged, and only a few new features have been added (HDR & Pano Merge, Masking Brush in the gradient tools), but the code has been streamlined and it now takes full advantage of your computer's graphics processor, so some functions that took forever before now complete significantly faster. Additionally, some functions will run in the background instead of making you wait, which allows you to be more productive instead of going off to get a drink while it finishes.

So, if you thought LR 5 was a dog at times then it's worth checking out LR 6/CC. If LR 5.7 never bothered you a bit then you're probably not going to find the changes worth it. That said, if there's a trial of CC available, download it, check it out and see for yourself. Just make sure you back up your old catalog first in case you want to go back - you can't convert back from 6 to 5.

Blacktop

Trying to figure out why some of the EXIF data is missing when uploading to this site is not at all bitching.

jay_dean

I strongly disagree. LR 6 is a complete rewrite. Yes, the look and functionality are largely unchanged, and only a few new features have been added (HDR & Pano Merge, Masking Brush in the gradient tools), but the code has been streamlined and it now takes full advantage of your computer's graphics processor, so some functions that took forever before now complete significantly faster. Additionally, some functions will run in the background instead of making you wait, which allows you to be more productive instead of going off to get a drink while it finishes.

So, if you thought LR 5 was a dog at times then it's worth checking out LR 6/CC. If LR 5.7 never bothered you a bit then you're probably not going to find the changes worth it. That said, if there's a trial of CC available, download it, check it out and see for yourself. Just make sure you back up your old catalog first in case you want to go back - you can't convert back from 6 to 5.
Thanks for that lads. Jake, I think you've sold it to me, the faster and background function parts you mention sound very appealing, think i might go for it

Blacktop

Thanks for that lads. Jake, I think you've sold it to me, the faster and background function parts you mention sound very appealing, think i might go for it

That is if your GPU can handle it. I have an older machine with an older GPU and I actually had to turn that feature off to gain back some speed. I think it's time to spend a few dollars for a new GPU.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
I just checked out your Flickr photos. When clicking on the 'show EXIF' on Flickr, it doesn't list the camera model either. It simply states Nikon Corporation although the EXIF that shows automatically (BEFORE clicking 'show EXIF') lists the camera model. When I right click on one of my jpegs, I see BOTH the camera model as well as the camera maker. After you've completed your LCC editing, do your jpeg properties show both like this one of mine?

Properties.jpg

Blacktop

I just checked out your Flickr photos. When clicking on the 'show EXIF' on Flickr, it doesn't list the camera model either. It simply states Nikon Corporation although the EXIF that shows automatically (BEFORE clicking 'show EXIF') lists the camera model. When I right click on one of my jpegs, I see BOTH the camera model as well as the camera maker. After you've completed your LCC editing, do your jpeg properties show both like this one of mine?

View attachment 152716

yes, looks just like it.

Untitled.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
And prior to exporting from LR, do you have the All Metadata checked or the All Except Camera & Camera Raw Info?

All Metadata.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
And here is a print screen image taken from LR. When in the Library, there are pop up tabs near the top. When you click on Metadata, do you see the 'Camera' option? Just trying to see if your settings are the same as my version of LR 5.

Metadata Pop Up.jpg

Blacktop

And prior to exporting from LR, do you have the All Metadata checked or the All Except Camera & Camera Raw Info?

View attachment 152720

I have "all metadata" checked. I just uploaded a shot from my Linux partition using a different photo editor and it's displaying fine, so it's not the forum settings problem.
The thing that is confusing me is, that it displays the camera make/model fine in Flickr, but not here.