Another HDR for your consideration

Nikonite1222

Hi There Everybody-

Here is another try at improving my HDR photography. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks again for taking the time.

Sincerely- Doug Watermark From Develop Mode.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi Doug,
Nice shot. I agree with Chris that tractors are nicely treated by HDR. The only thing I find about your pic is the green overcast. Now this could be your monitor that is not color balanced (or mine) or you could have gone a little further and correct the cast with PP.
I took the liberty to do what I would have done if it had been my picture as far as color correction. I hope you won't mind (I don't like modifying other's pictures). If you do mind, please gently let me know and it won't happen again.

Here's my version:

Watermark From Develop Mode copy2.jpg

Rick M

Same thoughts as Marcel, too green. What I really like about your shot is that the HDR effect is perfect, not too much or too little, it looks real with just enough effect to make it pop out at us.

Joseph Bautsch

Marcel is right. The WB is way too green and a little too much yellow. It also looks like the strength setting is a little too high. I don't know what HDR program you are using, or the EXIF data. The strength setting on Photomatrix HDR runs from 0 to 100 with 50 as the mid point. I have found strength settings much over 50 will over power the photo. Some photographers like the high strength setting effects and if that is what you were trying to achieve then it's fine.

Browncoat

I agree that the WB is off. If you're shooting outside in normal daylight, your WB should be around 5500.

This is a very interesting tractor and a great subject for HDR. I'm not as happy with the angle on this one as I was with your previous submissions. I think shooting upwards from down low would offer a much better perspective.