Can I Use Nikon 24-120 f4.0 on my Nikon D5300 ?

habib

I wanted to try this lens on my D5300 I currently use it on my Nikon D800. Thank you. Will it fit and how is the quality? Thanks Dennis

Is it a AF-S or just a AF? Your D5300 does not have the focus motor built into the body like your D800 does so it will need a AF-S lens. If it does not then it will work but just won't focus automatically.

rocketman122

very good lens..? in whos eyes? everyone has different demands fdrom their gears. it isnt a 24/28/35-70 2.8 nor a 70-200 2.8 but in good lighting and stopped down, its quite acceptable. many are happy with that lens. yes, itll work on the D5300 but it will be a crop so you wont get as wide but youll get more reach on the other end.

from the review here- "okayish performance"

Nikkor AF-S 24-120mm f/4G ED VR (FX) - Review / Test Report - Sample Images & Verdict

the lens is an all arounder kinda lens. better than the stanbdard kit lenses but not in the same league as pro 2.8 zooms. its convenient because of its focal range. it has an F4 all the way of the range but IQ is not top notch. the D5300 should make better use of the lens since it will cut away a lot of the soft edges.

personally id go with the sigma art version. but thats me.

TonyD315

I have it on my D7100 and I'd say it's on there 90% of the time. Only recently I've been shooting landscapes and astrophotograpy so I go with my wide angle.
As for the performance of a FX lens on a DX body, I think it's been great. It's a solid all around lens. If I find myself needing a little extra speed then I reach for my 35mm prime but that's rare these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what's the verdict..can we use it?
I see two versions ..

This post is a year old BUT the lens will work on your DX cameras. I bought one and used it on my D7100 in anticipation of getting my D750. I can tell you the IQ is nice but on a DX you might miss the short end from 18-24. That was my biggest complaint. If you have just a DX then I think the 18-140 is a better choice unless you are planing on going to FX soon.