New to me D3300

Ta2Dave

Finally picked up my d3300. Picked it up at a pawn shop here in town for $350, with the 18-55 dxll lens. Looks almost new. Ran about 50-60 shots through it just messing around with the settings. So far no issues as far as I can tell. Running manual mode, jpeg+raw. The last 'real' camera I had was a Canon ae1 25yrs ago. Man how things have changed.

Anything I should look out for since it is used?

Thanks guys

Bill16

Congrats! Well if you already bought it, it may not matter, but the actuation count would be good to know! But if it's working well, then I think you should be fine! :)
I hope you'll have a blast with it! My first DSLR was the D3100, and it got me started in my joy of photography! :D

aroy

Try F8 and up the speed. That should give you marginally sharper shots.

In NX-D you can play with exposure and recover quite a lot of shadows. So meter for highlights and then recover shadows in post.

Dxer

Me either. I have been to several of them in our area. But it is the usual things like guns, jewelry, etc... I just don't remember
seeing any cameras in them. I might have just overlooked them.

Ta2Dave

I've been stalking craigslist, but hadn't even thought about the pawn shops...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vegas craigslist people are sketchy more times than not. Hell some of the pawnshops here are sketchy too. There are only three that I hit up every month or so. My wife said I only spent $328 on the camera since I paid off the layaway early. Also the pawnshop gave me a one year warranty with refund or exchange if there are issues with it. They had a d5100 for $499 with lens, but no charger. Looked a bit more used than the '33.

Daz

Good deal and a good camera !! Enjoy ! look forward to seeing shots you take

I am currently on a 3300 but looking to upgrade body but im interested to see what you do with yours