"Dear Photograph . . ."

fotojack

Brilliant idea, Helene, but again.....there's that nasty problem of relinquishing all rights to the photograph....IF you send it to those guys at dearphotograph.com. Then again, nobody says we have to do that, right? ;)

ohkphoto

Snow White
IF you send it to those guys at dearphotograph.com. Then again, nobody says we have to do that, right? ;)

I posted the link for the photographic idea only. I guess I should have been clearer about that. I would never send them any photos with the terms they specify. It might explain why they have so few on their site.

Browncoat

That's the problem with the internet...everyone wants to play the middleman and crowdsource all their content. And the masses play into it under the guise that having their work published on some obscure website will somehow get them "noticed". They pay no attention to the fact that they just lost the rights to their own work.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
^ what Anthony said. I originally thought their TOS was just to protect themselves, but now that I read it again, it seems very intentional and specific. It's almost as if they want to publish a book without giving the original photographers any credit. Some people won't care, but I'm sure there will be ones that do.

Browncoat

Oh, they will get their book published for sure. For every 1 person who cares about photographer's rights, there are 100 who don't.