Display goes off few seconds after taking photo

hrvojexyz

Maybe someone knows this, perheps I have enabled this option somewhere, its becoming irritating.When I take photo, I look at it ok it autodisplays on LCD, and then after few seconds it goes off.I would prefer to stay it on ..

Bourbon Neat

Those user manuals in pdf are slick to work with. Use the find function in the drop-down under the edit tab. The referrenced page numbers are active, clicking them will take you immediately to that page.

WayneF

On the D5300, it is the Auto Off Timer, menu C2.

The default is short, because the LCD being on is really hard on battery life.

hrvojexyz

I went after your advices, screen timeout was already set to "normal".
I didnt say I am using sigma 10-20 at a time.

I tried something off the charts, I switched to my other sigma , 17-50.
You woudnt belive it , now screen timeouts for 60 seconds ! lol

Does anybody have any idea why this happens , and second, is it normal that along with LCD screen, items on inner screen, viewfinder , also dissapear ?

Last edited:

Elliot87

I don't know why how changes lenses would make any difference. Yes info in the viewfinder etc. goes off after a short while, just half press the shutter to get that back up. Its all about saving battery. I'd rather choose when I want to look at the LCD rather than having it draining the battery by displaying after every shot.

jpassamano

OK Group, I was using my Nikon D 3400 today with my sigma 18-250mm and I had never noticed before, but now the LCD screen stays on for exactly 60 seconds and shuts off when I thought it used to be normal on eight seconds.( no matter what setting I put on the camera for it to time out )switched the lenses for two or three others that I had and guess what? now the camera times out the way it supposed to after four seconds (which I had adjusted to four seconds) I don’t know why the lenses make a difference. But intermittently the sigma lens would act correctly at timing out the LCD screen on four seconds. I don’t get it all I can tell you is that that’s what it’s doing .

BF Hammer

OK Group, I was using my Nikon D 3400 today with my sigma 18-250mm and I had never noticed before, but now the LCD screen stays on for exactly 60 seconds and shuts off when I thought it used to be normal on eight seconds.( no matter what setting I put on the camera for it to time out )switched the lenses for two or three others that I had and guess what? now the camera times out the way it supposed to after four seconds (which I had adjusted to four seconds) I don’t know why the lenses make a difference. But intermittently the sigma lens would act correctly at timing out the LCD screen on four seconds. I don’t get it all I can tell you is that that’s what it’s doing .

Not that that it would be a proper fix, but does this happen with VC turned off or AF off?

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

Welcome!

Please feel free to introduce yourself here - https://nikonites.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=35

Guidelines to adding a photo to your post.

1. Resize photo to 1000px on the long side.
2. Resolution set to 72ppi (Pixels Per Inch)

These guidelines will be good for viewing on a computer but will not be good for printing. This will help safeguard your copyright.