My Nikon 1 J1 Images

Photowyzard

I am a new convert to the Nikon 1 system. I picked up a used J1 at a very good price with some lenses, case etc and I am simply delighted with the purchase. So much so, I am looking forward to the J5 or the V3 as my next hit of NAS.

Below, see attached some images I have taken with the J1. Simply awesome system for what it is. With my regular Nikkor lenses on it, it simply rocks, especially with the 2.7x multiplier! Can't sing it's praises enough. Happy to answer any questions regarding this line to anyone interested.

B&W-Niagara-Falls.jpg

RedBelliedWoodpecker.jpg

FRANK_BEARD.jpg

ZZ_TOP2.jpg

Watch.jpg

D8_Nuthatch.jpg

HalfMoon(HiRes).jpg

Butterfly_99.jpg

Butterfly_97-PN.jpg

SPARROW.jpg

Attachments

• NUTHATCH.jpg
    NUTHATCH.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 283
  • DRAGONFLY.jpg
    DRAGONFLY.jpg
    478.4 KB · Views: 302

Krs_2007

You guys are killing me with these, I have been looking at the V3 as well. Great shots, keep em coming so I can support nikon stock prices.

Photowyzard

Kevin,

I was no fan in the beginning, but I have to tell you, I have gone over to the Dark Side.

Look at the moon image. That was taken with my Nikon 300mm f4D lens. I had the 1.4 TC on the lens and the FT-1 Adapter.... the 300mm turned into:

300X 1.4 x 2.7 = 1134 mm lens!!

The 2.7 does not act like a TC where by you lose f stops, it is neutral!! AMAZING!! Truly. You have to use one to understand.

It is not like my D800, more like a toy, but a REALLY FUN TOY! NAS is gripping me to get a better model.

Krs_2007

Kevin,

I was no fan in the beginning, but I have to tell you, I have gone over to the Dark Side.

Look at the moon image. That was taken with my Nikon 300mm f4D lens. I had the 1.4 TC on the lens and the FT-1 Adapter.... the 300mm turned into:

300X 1.4 x 2.7 = 1134 mm lens!!

The 2.7 does not act like a TC where by you lose f stops, it is neutral!! AMAZING!! Truly. You have to use one to understand.

It is not like my D800, more like a toy, but a REALLY FUN TOY! NAS is gripping me to get a better model.

No, really, quit.

Kidding, that was going to be my next question to you guys. Been really curious about F Mount lenses with the FT1. You have pretty much answered my question with your response.

I look at the V3 usually once a week. My problem is I still want a 800/810 as well. Really hate NAS.

Krs_2007

Art - do you have these posted anywhere online. Would really like to see them at full size if you have them, if no then no worries.

Photowyzard

Kevin,

No, sorry. I post these at 850 pixels. I am the moderator on another Nikon forum and that is the max, so everything I post anywhere is typically the same. What size do you want to see. I can dump on in Photobucket for you if you like, NP. Anything to corrupt the YOUTH of PHOTOGRAPHY!! Why should I suffer alone with my NAS addiction!! :p

Photowyzard

Here is an image I have not posted yet anywhere. I did one the way I typically do, in Capture NX2. See below.DragonFly2.jpg

Here is the link to the UNTOUCHED, FULL SIZED image on Photobucket for you to look at ......

This is taken with my 105mm lens attached to my Nikon 1

Krs_2007

Kevin,

No, sorry. I post these at 850 pixels. I am the moderator on another Nikon forum and that is the max, so everything I post anywhere is typically the same. What size do you want to see. I can dump on in Photobucket for you if you like, NP. Anything to corrupt the YOUTH of PHOTOGRAPHY!! Why should I suffer alone with my NAS addiction!! :p

Thanks for posting it, it really helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Photowyzard

Awesome photos. Nikon mirrorless is underrated.

Chito,

It is .... and it isn't. I don't believe this is the best quality built camera gear. Mine had to have the Flash fixed 1500 clicks into its young life. If you think about it... the flash was maybe used 25 times! The warranty expired... CHA-CHING... $130.

Nikon Canada sucked the big LEMON on that, I was quite pissed. I am not a fan of Nikon Canada, by and large. This just made me less so. The cameras are not heavy duty. Not built like my D800, that feels like a tank. But, they sure want premium dollar for them.

However, I think they deliver nicely for what they are. And, what they are is... for me..... A way to extend my reach of the lenses I have for my DSLR at a very reasonable price. So, for what it is worth it, it works for me. The fact I actually like the camera... BONUS!

But, you have to get used to it. The LCD screen is hard to see in bright sunlight. I personally would like more dials and more control.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I was really disappointed when the first Nikon 1's were introduced solely due to sensor size. But after I played around with a V1 and realized how much fun I was having, I'm all in as a second system. Glad you are enjoying yours!