Asteroids?

jay_dean

This is asteroids!!:D
asteroids1.jpg

Seriously though, that's a great abstract image

Bourbon Neat

Overnight next Wednesday the 22nd till sunrise will be the peak of the Lyrids Meteor Shower. I have already had several in some of my star shots.

Go and get some.

Bob Blaylock

It's upside down, isn't it?

I was looking at that image, trying to figure out how it was produced, and then I think I got it.

The rocks are in a pond, in which the sky and the horizon are reflected. You turned the picture upside down, so that the sky appears to be the pond, and the pond appears to be the sky, right?

hsiehjon

It's upside down, isn't it?

I was looking at that image, trying to figure out how it was produced, and then I think I got it.

The rocks are in a pond, in which the sky and the horizon are reflected. You turned the picture upside down, so that the sky appears to be the pond, and the pond appears to be the sky, right?

Haha yes it is an upside downside reflection of a river with rocks in the foreground. :D

Bob Blaylock

Haha yes it is an upside downside reflection of a river with rocks in the foreground. :D

Looks like you did a little postprocessing on the actual sky and horizon, to make it a bit less sharp compared to what is actually a reflection, to enhance the reversal between the actual sky and horizon and the reflection thereof.

hsiehjon

Looks like you did a little postprocessing on the actual sky and horizon, to make it a bit less sharp compared to what is actually a reflection, to enhance the reversal between the actual sky and horizon and the reflection thereof.
Yup, I lowered the sharpness on the actual sky to enhance the effect. If you look closely, you can see ripples above the horizon (in the actual water reflection).