IT's HERE!!!

Elliot87

After what seems like an age my D7100 has arrived! Now if the battery would just hurry up and charge so I can take some pictures! Very very excited to explore what this camera can do!

My only complaint so far, having not used the camera, is with the delivery service. I ordered from HDEW Cameras last Tuesday evening, their communications have been good and they said it should be between 3-5 working days to dispatch, with delivery the following day. Post and packaging came to £9.99. It did take a full five working days before it was dispatched and arrived on the sixth day, but it was meant to be signed for but instead the FedEx delivery man just left it in my unlocked shed, which is on a communal access to all the houses in my street. In one way I'm happy with that, otherwise I wouldn't have got the camera until tomorrow. If it was stolen on the other hand I would have been a little less happy to say the least. I think I will contact HDEW to let them know as they told me I would need to be in to sign for it, not sure they'd be happy with FedEx either.
Is it just me or is £9.99 P&P a lot to pay for a total 7-8 day delivery (including the weekend) to have the expensive gear just left in your shed which anyone could get access to?

Elliot87

Hmm what if it didnt turn up ... hint hint ...

Some companies dont care when they have your money

Hmmm, now that I think of it maybe it didn't turn up.....

In fairness I think this is just a lazy FedEx delivery driver and I'll let HDEW know as I doubt they'd be happy as it does leave them open to missing or "missing" orders needing to be dealt with.

Great camera. You will be blown away once you get used to it.

Don't forget to add the camera gear.
You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Under camera just put the model number like D7100; Once you put the first letter like D you will see a list of all the cameras in the database pop up. The more numbers you put in the smaller the list becomes. When you see your camera just click on it, Be sure to click on "Save Changes" in the lower right corner.

Thanks

jay_dean

Is it just me or is £9.99 P&P a lot to pay for a total 7-8 day delivery (including the weekend) to have the expensive gear just left in your shed which anyone could get access to?
I don't think £9.99 is a large sum to pay for postage for a camera, as long as it was insured etc. If you or i were to send it, it'd cost more. That said, most company's now have 'free' postage

traceyjj

Have fun with your new toy! I remember ordering something online that I thought was in stock and in the UK... turned out that it was based in the far east, and wasnt in stock... I waited for almost 12 weeks for that delivery!

Elliot87

Congratulations. IMO, the D7100 is the best bang for buck camera made.

I here that said quite a lot. D7200 didn't seem to offer enough different for me to want to pay the extra for it.
Only used it a little indoors with high ISO's but I'm seeing a difference already.
Lots to get used to but I can already see that once I'm used to it, it will be easier to use than my D3200. Nice not having to go through the menu all the time. I like having metering for my 55mm AIS lens too, it was already a favourite but now I like it even more!

Elliot87

Have fun with your new toy! I remember ordering something online that I thought was in stock and in the UK... turned out that it was based in the far east, and wasnt in stock... I waited for almost 12 weeks for that delivery!

Yikes, waiting that long must've been torture! One week was bad enough for me.

mikew_RIP

When i make an inquiry as i did with HDEW i say i can only buy if they will use Royal Mail as they have a depot near me,HDEW said if i told them at the time of ordering they would use them,heard too many bad reports about the others.

Any way you have it now and it sounds like first impressions are good for you,congratulations.

Elliot87

When i make an inquiry as i did with HDEW i say i can only buy if they will use Royal Mail as they have a depot near me,HDEW said if i told them at the time of ordering they would use them,heard too many bad reports about the others.

Any way you have it now and it sounds like first impressions are good for you,congratulations.

I will try going down that route if I order with them again in the future, which I most likely will.

mikew_RIP

I used to have trouble with parcel force but on driver told me if i wasnt going to be in to leave a note asking him to leave it at a post office,he would then put a card through the door saying which one,to be honest though now i prefer to buy with click and collect from Argos if i can.

Elliot87

I used to have trouble with parcel force but on driver told me if i wasnt going to be in to leave a note asking him to leave it at a post office,he would then put a card through the door saying which one,to be honest though now i prefer to buy with click and collect from Argos if i can.

I like click and collect, have done that with Curry's a couple of times, although the last time they'd messed up their stock take and I ended up going to three different stores to get my laptop. That was irritating! Usually works well though.