D7100 is finally gripped

carguy

Finally gripped the D7100. Still unable to score a deal on a used MB-D15 for under $140 or so.
Being the new D7200 shares the grip, I don't see the used prices coming down too much anytime soon.

A friend had a second XIT Grip he bought and never used. Took that off his hands today.

Since I bought the 70-200, shooting sports has left me feeling the camera was a bit un-balanced. This should take care of it for now.
This grip works without having a battery inserted in case anyone was wondering.
I won't be hanging the BlackRapid mount from this grip however, most of the time I'm hand holding with a BR wrist strap anyway.

Amazon Link: Amazon.com : Xit XTNG7100 Battery Grip for Nikon D7100 (MB-D15) (Black) : Digital Camera Battery Grips : Camera & Photo

paul04

I do like the grip on my D7100 the camera feels well balanced,

I was lucky as I got my MB-D15 grip free, when Nikon was running an offer when you got a new D7100.

Horoscope Fish

Finally gripped the D7100. Still unable to score a deal on a used MB-D15 for under $140 or so.
Being the new D7200 shares the grip, I don't see the used prices coming down too much anytime soon.
Congrats! I really have a hard time shooting the bigger camera bodies without the extra mass to grab hold of.

I just bit the bullet on a legit, Nikon MB-D16 battery grip for my D750 and no, I *don't* want to talk about how much it cost. Just thinking about it puts my systolic in the danger zone...

*shakes fist at Nikon*

Michael J.

I gripped my D5100 cos it feels better in the hand. After a while it was so great on the tripod, it prevented scratches on the body when I put it on some rocky surfaces, iron bars, etc.. Now my D7000 is gripped too after I owned it a couple of hours.

Blacktop

I gripped my D5100 cos it feels better in the hand. After a while it was so great on the tripod, it prevented scratches on the body when I put it on some rocky surfaces, iron bars, etc.. Now my D7000 is gripped too after I owned it a couple of hours.

When did you get a D7000 Michael? Congratulations, and good luck with it.

Bill16

I had one third party grip that started coming apart at the seams! So I try to avoid third party grip now, and just buy the outrageously priced authentic Nikon grips! This MB-D12 Nikon grip prices almost makes me think of reconsidering using the cheapies again! Lol :)
But sometimes it just doesn't pay going cheap!

singlerosa_RIP

I've used grips for the past 12 years and my kit feels weird without one, unless I'm shooting with a small prime or my 24-85. I haven't had any problems using my Black Rapid Yeti with my Pixel gripped D600 and a 24-70 2.8. Third party grips might skimp on materials, electronics and advertising but the screw attachment that holds it to the body is just a screw and a tightening wheel. Before I put any camera on a BR strap, I check the tightness of the grip, regardless of the manufacturer (my D7000 has a Nikon grip).

cadomniel

When I first got my D7100 I thought it was quit a big camera, but since I added the grip, whenever I take the grip off the camera feels so much lighter and smaller!
Compared to the D700 and grip the D7100 without a grip is a lightweight!

carguy

Re-gripped today. Took the plunge and picked up the MB-D15 from my friends at PROCAM Photo & Video Gear | Detroit - Chicago

7190fba174893f336214c2e56df6e272.jpg

Last edited:

johncook

I've ordered a Meike grip for the D7100 (had a meike grip on the D7000 and it was great). really transforms the feel of the camera and will be more balanced with the bigger lenses on it