Setup Nikon D3300 with Pixel TC-252 remote

jkten

Recently bought the Nikon D3300 and found out there was no internal intervalometer for timelapse. So i bought the Pixel TC-252 external intervalometer which is supposed to be compatible with the camera as the manufacturer states (with the DC2 cable)
Can't find a way to setup my camera to connect with the remote though.. it only accepts the ML3 remote from Nikon which i also purchased but doesn't support timelapse..
Can somebody help?

jkten

yes it does but how do i setup the camera to recognise that the TC-252 is connected? the camera doesnt respond to the intervalometer.. had no problem using the ML3 though.

jkten

WayneF, actually Nikonites was my ''last resort''.. watched the video before done everything right, searched for Pixel support but theres not any, so i registered here..

nickt

I had a cheap intervolometer from ebay for my d3100. Its been a long time, but I thought it just worked like Wayne said. Plug it in, set up the intervalmeter and it controls the camera. Are you maybe setting up the camera for the ml-l3 remote? If so, don't. Just plug it in with the camera set in a regular use mode.

aroy

Any USB cable based remote should work. I regularly use DigiCam control with my D3300, and that software provide full control including Live View. I have a feeling that soon DigiCam control will be offered on Phones and Tablets, so you have comprehensible remote control.

Just one hitch. The USB2 cable can be a problem if it not well made or too long. A USB repeater will be required if the distance are large.