My rant for the day . . .

ohkphoto

Snow White
I posted this once, but am not sure everybody saw this. My apologies to everybody whose pics and posts I haven't commented on . . . yet . . .

hijacked.gif

jengajoh

Poor Helene. I feel your pain with my computer at work. Most days I want to throw it down the stairs or out the window. Usually I just kick it.

Mike150

Poor Helene. I feel your pain with my computer at work. Most days I want to throw it down the stairs or out the window. Usually I just kick it.

My my my... Such pent up aggression. I would love to be able to sit off to the side and watch Y'all have at those computers. Of course, I don't have those problems. I just got a new computer at home and the only programs it will ever get loaded is Office, Antivirus, Photoshop and Lightroom. I seldom even access the internet with it. Our IT guy at work sits two desks from me so if I have a problem here I just yell...

Browncoat

I remember having major PC issues a few years ago. The best therapy is to go out and buy a new one....

....and then you can rip the old one off your desk and bash it with a baseball bat.

ohkphoto

Snow White
LOL . . . well, I certainly feel better! I was getting ready to reinstall the op system, and it FINALLY went into repair mode. It said it "FIXED ITSELF"
Actually seems to be running better :)

ohkphoto

Snow White
I actually started with a mac and was a mac user for many years, but got really frustrated because so much software was not for mac. So I switched to a pc. I have too much invested in software to make the switch now, and don't really trust the company. I watch the adobe forums for LR and PS and most of the ones who have LR issues are mac people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Browncoat

That's because Mac has always had a hate/hate relationship with Adobe. It's why Mac doesn't support Flash.

Apple is great if you like limited options and paying a premium for exclusivity. Steve Jobs is an egomaniac who never embraced the idea of open source, which is why Apple will always remain a 2nd rate product as long as he's around. Apple does not play well with others and they often miss the point completely when it comes to what the consumers really want.

When it comes to design, Apple does produce a superior product. But as for function, well...let's just hope you don't really want to do much with your $3000 word processor.

Vermontster

I hit the like button, but I have always had windows (except when it was plain old DOS). However, I have taken a couple CPU's (as well as a couple VCR's and one bluRay player) and given them the proverbial sledgehammer). I have no answer as to why that makes me feel better, but it do :). Pete will probably have an answer for me though.

I have had Windows way to long to think about supporting Steve Jobs at this point, though I don't think the Ipad or Iphones have hurt him any...