Red line issue

Bill16

Have any of you dealt with having a red line down your photo? Mine is only in raw, but none of my other cameras do this! So I believe it is only my D800e that does it! Here are a couple examples!
You can see it on the right side.:(

dsc_6226sized.jpg

dsc_6225sized.jpg

Last edited:

Bill16

A 1.01 B1.02 L1.009 are the firmware numbers this Nikon is using. I just got it buddy, and I've never updated any of my Nikon's before.

What software are you using? Is it updated? Usually things like that are viewing software glitches.

nickt

I meant the software on your computer. I've seen picasa do things like that. Not sure what else, but it looks like your software is not liking the d800e nef files.

Bill16

No not lately. Maybe I'll try updating the laptop next time I use it. Thanks my friend! :)

I meant the software on your computer. I've seen picasa do things like that. Not sure what else, but it looks like your software is not liking the d800e nef files.

Elliot87

I have a similar issue with my D3200. Once I upload RAW files to PhotoDirector3 they get a pink bar downthe right hand side.

Here's an example.

Untitled-18.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled-11.jpg
    Untitled-11.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 190

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
What software are you using? Is it updated? Usually things like that are viewing software glitches.

Nick, if RAW files from his other cameras don't do it, would it still be the viewing software? :confused:

nickt

Nick, if RAW files from his other cameras don't do it, would it still be the viewing software? :confused:
Maybe. I am just going by complaints I remember reading when the d3200 first came out. Lots of picasa users had red lines. I don't know if Bill is using Picasa, but it could happen with other programs too. my thinking is Nikon changes the nef format a little each time and some software renders the picture, but not correctly. Seems like adobe and nikon software just won't open a nef if it has not been updated, but some of the others will open it, but with problems.

Bill16

Thanks buddy for trying to help! :) I guess I'll just have to crop, at least for now.

Maybe. I am just going by complaints I remember reading when the d3200 first came out. Lots of picasa users had red lines. I don't know if Bill is using Picasa, but it could happen with other programs too. my thinking is Nikon changes the nef format a little each time and some software renders the picture, but not correctly. Seems like adobe and nikon software just won't open a nef if it has not been updated, but some of the others will open it, but with problems.

Bill16

oldsalt

Pheeeewwww - thank goodness it's been resolved, I've been out of the loop for a week due to family matters and got back on my computer this morning and saw this...!!!
The last thing I wanted was for Bill to be thinking that I'd sold him damaged goods... it's a relief to know that it's been sorted out... thanks everybody for you suggestions etc.
cheers,
oldsalt

Bill16

Yep all fixed buddy! :D

I'm giving Dark Table a try, and hopefully I'll be able to figure that out! Lol :)

Pheeeewwww - thank goodness it's been resolved, I've been out of the loop for a week due to family matters and got back on my computer this morning and saw this...!!!
The last thing I wanted was for Bill to be thinking that I'd sold him damaged goods... it's a relief to know that it's been sorted out... thanks everybody for you suggestions etc.
cheers,
oldsalt

J-see

Nope update is unavailable as far as I can tell. Rawtheropee isn't offering an update at this time from what I saw.

Do you use the cam profiles in RT?

If you don't mind, upload a NEF somewhere so I can import it in RT. I use two different versions of RT so I can maybe check where the problem is situated.

Bill16

I don't have RT anymore and I'm barely able to manage mild PP! Lol I have nowhere to upload that size of file, and I'm not on my laptop, just a tablet. :)
But I appreciate the offer of help my friend! :)

Do you use the cam profiles in RT?

If you don't mind, upload a NEF somewhere so I can import it in RT. I use two different versions of RT so I can maybe check where the problem is situated.