Bracketing button?

Lawrence

Just going through my manual and cannot figure what the bracketing (BKT) button does.

David Busch's Field Guide says:
"Hold down and rotate the front and rear command dials to adjust settings for exposure and white balance bracketing."

I've tried this and don't see what they are getting at.

When and how is this button supposed to be used?

Please someone ...

Fred Kingston

In the video, he's got the Fn button setup to "turn bracketing on"... On your camera, you'll obviously press and hold the Brkt button on the side of the flash module, while turning the two command wheels...

There's essentially the same Menu to select the different Bracketing modes...

He took individual shots with the remote, and glossed over using the Cl, Ch mode to fire the successive shots rapidly in burst mode... Obviously, that will only work in the non-flash modes because the flash needs to recharge...

Lawrence

Just fiddling with the settings is not helping me. I don't see any effect on the top screen when in WB bracketing mode.
I need to take some photos to understand all this.
Thanks for your help Fred - I am now at least going in the right direction.

Fred Kingston

You're in RAW... change to Jpeg for WB bracketing... Remember... it only takes a single shutter actuation... and then creates the multiple Jpegs

It is easy. just PM me on Facebook and I will walk you through live. That is the easiest way to get you up to speed on it.

I use it all the time especially in challenging lighting conditions when I think I might want to do HDR.

Vixen

It's the bracketing button for HDR Lawrence. Mine is almost worn out :D I'd have to read the manual to tell you how to set it up.......but basically you have the exp compensation set (I use 1) and then by rotating the rear wheel while holding that button in you can chose to bracket 3 or 5 images. If you then set your camera shutter control to timer or multiple shots, it will take your 3 or 5 shots at the one press of the shutter. I think you can set the exp compensation in the menu or by pressing the bkt button and turning the front dial.