Fitting older Minolta/Soligor lenses?

SignumBlues

I have recently inherited a lot of old film DSLR and SLR cameras, and among which was several older lenses. These being:

1. Minolta AF 70-210mm f/4 lens
2. Minolta AF 50mm F1.7 lens
3. Soligor 75-205mm lens

After doing research online I have found several adapters, for the Minolta I assume it is something like this (although wonder if anyone could be a bit more specific and confirm it will fit a D3300?): Fotodiox Pro Lens Mount Adapter, Sony Alpha A-mount: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

The opinions online seem mixed however, some say it simply wont work and others that with the adapter and of course bearing in mind they can only be manually focused it should work. I just wondered if anyone could perhaps point me in the right direction of some adapters for these lenses, I know they wont ever provide the best results but for starting out they would a great help until I can start to grow my own Nikon lens collection.

Many thanks!

Fred Kingston

None of those lenses will auto-focus with that camera...

They should meter, because the camera has a meter that measures the light passing thru the lens. The apertures may or may not work automatically, but will almost certainly work manually...

Without specific model numbers/vintages for those lenses... it's hard to tell...

Auto-focus is controlled by a focus motor that resides in either the body, and/or the lens. There are Nikon lenses that have the focus motor, that are made for that camera. That camera body does not have a focus motor... so you have to be careful buying even relatively new lenses for that camera if you want auto-focus...

There's nothing wrong with manually focusing a camera's lens... ;)