FE2 Film Speed Dial

Retro

The film speed dial on my FE2 stops at 12 properly, but only goes to the index past 800 (to the red: 800| |1600| |3200). I have tried (gently) many times to see if I was just not pulling up hard enough, or it was just sticking inside, but it is the same every time. Has anyone else seen this happen? I guess I need to take it back to the store, but I thought I should ask here first. Your advice may help me deal with the merchant.

Thanks.

Retro

Only have FM2T but it goes from 12 to 6400. The red ones are 100, and 400.
I only made the line red to designate where the dial stops. It's not red on the dial. I have two stops between every number. I can't turn the dial past the first line after 800.

Retro

I took my Nikon back to the store, and Adrian took it apart and fixed it. A little prong under the dial was bent so it couldn't turn properly. While the dial read 400, it was actually on 3200. That's why I was getting a reading of 250 on f/2 in my mom's new room at the retirement home. I took a lot of pictures of her with other people. I thought my 50mm was pretty awesome for the meter to be on 250 at f/2. f/1.4 was too bright.

Also, I didn't notice, since loading the film, that my EC was on +2. It's all good now. I'll see how the photos turned out in a few weeks, but I have 3 left, so I have to wait.