D5500 M-mode

Dropstar2012

Hello, I have had my D5500 for a few days now. I noticed in all modes other than M, I have a single red dot in the focus square when viewed via live view. Does M-mode have this feature or is it left out by design? It does not matter where I touch on the screen to focus, I get a red square that turns green but no red dot.

I have configured my camera for continuous focus, single point focus and raw file format. That is all that I have done. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Nick

Dropstar2012

Hello, Thanks! I actually solved the problem. It is not covered in the instructions. When you are in M-mode and you touch the LCD to focus off center, you lose the focus point dot within the rectangle. To restore it, you must press the OK button, it will snap back to display center with the dot in the middle.

Best Regards,
Nick

mikew_RIP

Hello, Thanks! I actually solved the problem. It is not covered in the instructions. When you are in M-mode and you touch the LCD to focus off center, you lose the focus point dot within the rectangle. To restore it, you must press the OK button, it will snap back to display center with the dot in the middle.

Best Regards,
Nick

Thanks for coming back with the answer,it may help someone else

mystic7

I've always preferred manual everything, but as my eyesight gets progressively worse I'm finding the touchscreen autofocus to be a lifesaver. In a pinch I can still focus manually (like if I'm shooting through glass) but to constantly do it now is becoming a strain and robbing me of a lot of enjoyment using a camera. Thanks for this, Nikon.