D70 consecutive shots have different iso/ shutterspeed or something.( Im new)

Jonah Husak

Hey guys ! I'm new here and VERY new to this nikon d70 that I received my from dad. Recently I've noticed that everytime I take pictures ,whether they're several minutes apart or consecutive, they seem to change lighting, I'm going to post a few examples, if anyone has any idea how to make this stop that would be awesome :) Also any tips on shooting portaits with it(28-300mm/ 3.5-6.3 lens) would be greatly appreciated DSC_8440.jpgDSC_8441.jpgDSC_8442.jpg DSC_8443.jpgDSC_8444.jpgDSC_8445.jpg
thanks for the time,
Jonah the photo-noob

Scott Murray

What setting are you using? I am guessing it is in Aperture priority so you have set the aperture and that stays the same. A mode allows you to pick the f-stop and then the camera changes the shutter speed. Another thing I cannot see ion the EXIF is the ISO I am assuming this is changing aswell.

The last three with the fan are all the same as far as we can see with the EXIF data showing. The other three are a different shot with different framing. The framing with more or less of the light colored wall can change the exposure.

You need to tell us what mode you are shooting. Also what mode the ISO is in.

Have you downloaded the user manual yet and read it? That is the first thing you need to do.

Horoscope Fish

Re: D70 Consecutive Shots Have Different [Exposure]

Hey guys ! I'm new here and VERY new to this Nikon d70 that I received my from dad. Recently I've noticed that every time I take a picture, whether they're several minutes apart or consecutive, they seem to change lighting. I'm going to post a few examples. If anyone has any idea how to make this stop that would be awesome. Also any tips on shooting portaits with a 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 149005

View attachment 149006

View attachment 149007

View attachment 149008

View attachment 149009

View attachment 149010
Reformatting your post a little so I better understand what you're asking...

Okay, from what I can tell, you need learn and understand the Exposure Triangle. I would also suggest you download the D70 User Guide (do a right-click/Save As on the link) so you can start to get familiar with the controls and menus and what not so you better understand how to use the camera. That should get you started.

Last edited: