Sounds like the D7200 is a great camera

Nero

I'm almost done writing my own review and then I'll record it. I find that the D7200 is definitely a great camera. People assume it isn't due to everything being so similar in terms of the D7200 and D7100 but to me the D7200 is a camera that's better than the sum of its parts. You need to actually try it out to see the difference.

Blacktop

I'm almost done writing my own review and then I'll record it. I find that the D7200 is definitely a great camera. People assume it isn't due to everything being so similar in terms of the D7200 and D7100 but to me the D7200 is a camera that's better than the sum of its parts. You need to actually try it out to see the difference.

I don't think anyone is saying that it isn't a great camera, people are just wondering whether it's worth it to upgrade from a D7100. Kind of like when the D750 came out and everyone was wondering if it's worth it to upgrade from the D610.

If I was upgrading from the D3100 like you just did, perhaps I would think about it.

Nero

I don't think anyone is saying that it isn't a great camera, people are just wondering whether it's worth it to upgrade from a D7100. Kind of like when the D750 came out and everyone was wondering if it's worth it to upgrade from the D610.

If I was upgrading from the D3100 like you just did, perhaps I would think about it.

Well they're not saying it is. :p Not that it matters though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4

Blacktop

That will be interesting,go for it :D

I'm going to upload them to Flickr at full rez and post a link. Give me few minutes. I'm looking in LR right now and results are a lot worse then the D7200.
I shot them at Aperture priority with the 70-300mm VR lens, as I don't have Tamzooka like the D7200 guy, but that shouldn't make difference in noise. I shot them 4500 ISO and F13, just like your pick Mike.

Horoscope Fish

I'm going to upload them to Flickr at full rez and post a link. Give me few minutes. I'm looking in LR right now and results are a lot worse then the D7200. I shot them at Aperture priority with the 70-300mm VR lens, as I don't have Tamzooka like the D7200 guy, but that shouldn't make difference in noise. I shot them 4500 ISO and F13, just like your pick Mike.
This should be interesting...

Horoscope Fish

mikew_RIP

Obviously very subject dependent,looking at the dogs butt its not too bad where its not in direct sun,not as bad as i expected in some ways.

Blacktop

While the 7100 is certainly no slouch at that ISO the 7200 looks cleaner to me by a decent stretch.

I'm looking primarily at the darkest shadows I can find as the basis for that comment.

Yes you are right. However it would be nice to have a member here post some shots at those settings so we can actually trust that there was no PP or NR applied to that image.