Help with reviewing pictures

fingerpicker

Very newbie with first DLSR D3300 ...I's slowly learning how to make it do different things, it's tough but I am getting there. I am practicing by taking the same picture with different settings to see the differences. When I look at the pictures on the camera I can't find a way to see the settings, F stop-shutter-ISO, for the picture. That would help and I'm thinking there must be a way to do this. Is it possible or am I looking for something that doesn't exist?

WayneF

When you are viewing the preview picture on the rear LCD, left and right arrow buttons go to the next picture... Those buttons...

But the up down buttons there show several different screens full of information, like histograms and the Exif data that shows the info you want to see. The manual will describe those screens.

Horoscope Fish

Very newbie with first DLSR D3300 ...I's slowly learning how to make it do different things, it's tough but I am getting there. I am practicing by taking the same picture with different settings to see the differences. When I look at the pictures on the camera I can't find a way to see the settings, F stop-shutter-ISO, for the picture. That would help and I'm thinking there must be a way to do this. Is it possible or am I looking for something that doesn't exist?
On the D3300 press the Menu button and go into the Playback Menu. From there go into "Playback Options". You'll have several boxes here you can check on and off. These are the different screens of information you can choose from to scroll through when reviewing photos. Be sure you scroll ALL the way down, on some Nikon bodies there's one option that hangs out all by itself on a second or third page of that menu and it's easy to miss.

paul14086

Also if your new this may help
720a35d8b1533735311c11bc42e65f79.jpg

aroy

The OK button is also and UP, DOWN, LEFT and RIGHT button. When you view the image on the LCD, use the OK button to move UP or DOWN and various combinations of the Image and Data will be shown. Stop at the one that has all the data you want. Next time you view an image that screen will be shown.