a D800, a D800e or a D810?

Bill16

Here soon (next 2-3 months) I will be buying one of the D8xx series! Woohoo, I though I'd never be able to! But it has become a sure plan!:)
There is one slight problem though! Which Nikon model should I get? They are all good but I can only buy one! Also I need to buy a Nikon battery grip for it too, since I always want a Nikon grip for every Nikon I have! Lol :)

Now here is where you come in! I'm asking you all to recommend one of the D8xx series and tell me why you think it would be the right choice! Your recommendation can be a lot of help! :D

My decision will be based on current price trends of each model, abilities of the cameras, new or used, battery grip cost, low actuations if used and your recommendations!:D

What will you recommend, and why?

Scott Murray

D800E with the MB battery grip allowing the use of D4 batteries ;)

Why? Because this is what I use and reviews of the D800E and D810 are close. The extra battery life is great, bare in mind you will need CF cards aswell.

Bill16

The D3s has the best lowlight ability and it's a serious pro designed camera with a 300,000 actuations shutter life! The D800/D800e have been upsurped by the D810 so the used cost has dropped on the older models! :)

I didn't know that Bill. Is the D3s so much more of a camera?

Blacktop

The D3s has the best lowlight ability and it's a serious pro designed camera with a 300,000 actuations shutter life! The D800/D800e have been upsurped by the D810 so the used cost has dropped on the older models! :)

Good deal Bill. Sounds like a better choice for you for now.