Package Deal

Girevik

Last edited:

nickt

Beach Camera is an authorized Nikon dealer and they are bound by price agreements. They are allowed to include extras to entice you to buy from them. That stuff included is mostly junk, but it is 'free' since they are selling the camera at the going rate. I just would assume the cards are junk. I can't imagine that they have any good speed to them at all.
I would worry more about the tripod. I definitely have had my share of experience with inexpensive tripods. That one will likely not do you much good. It may get you by for some youtube video, but snapping a single shot won't be steady.
To be clear, I have no experience with this bundle. I'm just assuming and going by experience with other free camera accessories over the years. If they were good name brand cards, they would definitely be mentioning that as a selling point.

Girevik

I have a tripod. The only thing in that package I'd be remotely interested in are the memory cards, and that only if they are decent.

aroy

If you are getting all the body+extras for less than the price of the body, then you can always throw the extras away (or find a buyer). Otherwise get the body (and lens(s)) from a reputed e-tailer.

One thing to be careful about cards is their speed. Check the manual for the minimum write speed required, normally for 24MP 14 bit RAW files you need 45-60MB write speed. Any thing less and you camera will struggle in bursts or while switching off.

Krs_2007

The cards are a generic brand, called General Sd card. If you get in into the details, it took a few clicks. They are just mass produced, no brand cards added as an incentive. Class 6 I believe, so not the fastest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD