Gray imports have started in the UK

Girevik

I've seen those in the US as well, but I think I want at least some Nikon warranty, especially on a brand new camera like this.

jay_dean

In my experience with Nikon's so-called "customer service", you're better off getting an extended warranty from Square Trade. They could teach Nikon a few things about providing warranty service.

Agreed. Thankfully i've never had a problem (touch wood), but i've heard that Nikon isn't great with customer service. I reckon its better to get the gray import and buy a third party warranty. Much cheaper as well.

mikew_RIP

We have a UK grey outlet thats a genuine bricks and mortar unit,they have a 100% solid reputation for customer service and all there camera body sales come with a three year warranty,thats got to be better than buying secondhand from the likes of ebay,just an example.

Nikon D610 Body

What a lot of people forget is its the same camera your buying grey or official you only need to be certain of the back up,will i use grey well most likely not as i like to be able to take my problems back to my local dealer and hand them over.

Girevik

Has anyone delt with DigitalRev.com (the one linked above)? It says they offer a 1-year warranty through them. Are they reliable?

mikew_RIP

Has anyone delt with DigitalRev.com (the one linked above)? It says they offer a 1-year warranty through them. Are they reliable?

There is a UK forum where both the companies i linked to have a good reputation,but you need to watch out for import duties these are covered in the price for the UK but i dont know about other places.

photogramps

Yes, mine had a fault (well it didn't, it was a then unknown lens issue) but DigitalRev arranged its return to a UK repairer and it was sent to Nikon through them ... no issues other than Nikon waiting time :)