rebuilding mn-30 batteries

harleridr

Hi guys
Anyone have their mn-30 battery rebuilt for their F-5 I just had one die this past weekend. I have heard there are a few places that will do rebuilds.
Thanks guys for your help.
Harle

rocketman122

Wow rebuilding mn-30. Remember all the discussion at the other forums when i was shooting f5's in weddings. I never used an mn-30 because i preferred to use aa instead. I didnt have a reason for the .9 of a frame jump from 7.1 to 8. I did try to work around it by adding a 9th battery and using silver foil to connect it in. I never noticed the extra boost in fps or rewind speed (6 seconds vs 4) of the film. It was a beast as is. The fastest and most advanced camera in its time. If i recall there was a place in germany that did the rebuilds but this is trying remember back 7-8 years back. How much does it cost?

all i can say is the metering system today is the same crap used then. Nothing has advanced. They boasted something like 50000 actual scenes are used to perfectly meter in 1004 color meter. What a lie. It sucked then and it still sucks today.

Last edited:

Fuzzyimages

I just got four of my MN-15's rebuilt. I had the tech add a set of connections to one of them so that I can use my external (voltage adjustable) battery pack that I keep for my laptop whnit sucks it battery dry. The RC Hobby shops have them too.

Fuzzyimages

On the end of the battery packs there are two little plastic points these tell the camera whether or not the batteries are a NiCad pack or a AAA receiver. This is what dis/enables the high speed shutter film rate. The Camera I'm putting all this on is a F100. The guy that did the battery rebuild is in Washington State... please check him out, he has reasonable prices and he is fairy fast www.batterypackrebuilders.com

grogport99

I live in the UK and have a Nikon F5 with an MN-30 battery which I have just had recelled by a company called ESP Special Batteries in Leicester. Courier pick the battery up from me on a Monday and the recelled battery was back by Friday that week. So far so good as it it charges well and works as new.

denim

I'm looking for detailed instruction on how to recell and clean one of these. Anyone got a procedure or URL for a procedure?

denim

Greetings. Has anyone got a step-by-step procedure for re-celling these battery packs? Or a URL pointing to such a procedure?